20060802

No Photos, Please!

I took photos the other day for a blog that I was going to entitle something like “We are Officially White Trash”. This was mostly inspired by the fact that Ileana purchased the first big piece of plastic shit that is now littering our back yard. Grouped with the pile of branches and the old basement sink, Sophie’s toys almost completed the picture of a "white trash" yard. If only we had an old truck up on cinder blocks…

It was while taking these pictures when I caught something else. I am not sure if it was the 100 degree weather or if someone didn’t have a good nap but for once our Sophie did not want to be photographed. Little did she know that this only made me more amused and had me taking more pictures.

Even in her defiant stance, with arms crossed, she is way too cute. After a few photos, she had experienced enough of my crap. She stormed off and after not getting the help she requested of her mommy, she began to make her way up the back steps to go into the house.

2 comments:

Val said...

Sigh...we just broke down and added a trampoline to the backyard. It gives the property *such* an air of refinement...but the kids have had a BLAST with it. :o) The stuff you do for your kids....
(btw, our Ava is a Rao like yours, if you're wondering who I am. Iliana sent me the link, I believe)

Anonymous said...

Sophie is sooo cute! I love the folded arms ( reminds me of her friend in NY).