20080120

Lesson Learned

I was reading to Sophie the other night and a funny thing happened while were in the middle of one of her favorite books, "The Apple Pie That Papa Baked". I love the graphics by Jonathan Bean and we usually play a game while we are reading, asking Sophie to find animals and I thought I was being a "good parent" by asking her questions during the story. It went kind of like this:

I ask, "Sophie, where is the kitty cat?" "Over there." "Do you see any other animals?" She looks up at me and nods her head. "Which ones." "A cow, and a horse." "That's right Sophie, do you remember what Cow starts with?" "Daddy?" Yeah, Sophie?" "Can you just read the story?"


I guess I learned a lesson that time.


On another subject, I just realized that we hadn't posted any holiday photos this/last year. I was sure Ileana would have done one of those crazy slide shows by now. Perhaps she's been too busy refinishing the plaster in the bedroom... ...NOT. Anyway, here are a few shots of Sophie and mom at the Christmas Market in Chicago this year. We went the night before Christmas Eve and we all had a ball.


1 comment:

Vivian M said...

It looks like a lot of fun! Now the question is, why are you waiting for Ileana to fix the plaster, hmmm?