The performance was great - Ralph was very good with the kids (obviously) and oddly enough, though it was in the middle of nap time for most, this was the most well-behaved I have seen this bunch since... ...ever.
20080224
Ralph Rocks the House for Kenna and Michal's Birthday
Its not every day that you get a private concert with Ralph of Ralph's World. When Kristi broke the news that she was going to have Ralph perform for Kenna & Michal's birthday, you can imagine that Sophie couldn't contain herself. Actually, she didn't really "get" the whole Idea of Ralph being at someone's birthday but she put on her new dress, daddy coerced her into wearing tights, and she seemed excited and ready to go. I was pretty damn excited too - can't you tell.

The performance was great - Ralph was very good with the kids (obviously) and oddly enough, though it was in the middle of nap time for most, this was the most well-behaved I have seen this bunch since... ...ever.
Pay close attention to Sophie in the photos and you can see how she reacted to the event. She started with her typical hour on mommy's lap and then at about the time Ralph started playing "Shake Your Booty", she got it - OH MY GOD, THAT"S RALPH PLAYING IN KENNA AND MICHAL"S LIVING ROOM!!! She and the other girls got a little nutty. Ralph tried to get the girls to sing along and they did (the older girls, that is). It seems like the moms know every word of his songs by heart. Now we know who the real fans are. 



Everything was great from until the running game when Ralph asked Sophie to run counter-clockwise in the circle so she wouldn't bump into anyone. Well, that was it. Sophie? Addressed by a stranger? Yeah, it was Ralph but he's still pretty much a stranger. Well, that was it for her. Ileana and I chuckled - the fun couldn't last forever. Sophie then refused to take her couch-picture with Ralph, refused autographs, and wouldn't chat with him in the kitchen afterward. 
Though it didn't end so well, Sophie had a good time and I am sure she will remember this in a good way for a while to come. Me? Well, I still haven't washed the hand that Ralph shook. How cool, Ralph actually shook my hand - ha ha.
The performance was great - Ralph was very good with the kids (obviously) and oddly enough, though it was in the middle of nap time for most, this was the most well-behaved I have seen this bunch since... ...ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, dear God, what fun !! I wish I could have been there !! Sophie looks adorable !!
Love,
Crazy Nana
Only Kristi would have Ralph at a birthday party!! Too Cool.
I hope you got this on video for Sophie!
Looks like everyone (including the grown ups) had lots of fun!
You know your kids are getting older when you have to ask, "Who is Ralph?"! -Judy
Post a Comment