20080327

What do you do with the Art?

Seriously, the art projects have grown in epidemic proportion since this winter has decided to prolong itself indefinitely! It is snowing as I type! Anyway, some days Sophie will come home with 2 or 3 projects, lovingly admiring all her work. Now I have some favorites that I will keep for all eternity and of course, after she goes to bed at night I judge some of the lesser pieces and they go in the trash (sob). But how much to keep and when is it acceptable to put it in the recycle bin??
I leave you with a few recent masterpieces:

Love this - "Fishbowl"

Another favorite - the Wreath is a popular craft at daycare. Works for all holidays. This is our Valentine's Wreath. What I love about it is that although we have received many, this is the ONLY one with a smiling girl. The rest are crying or post-crying teary face.
Chinese New Year Dragon:
Valentines Day card - In case you were wondering, I am on the right, and daddy is on the left. Just a clarification, I'm sure you had already figured that out.

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

I have a folder/bag where I store all the art. Someday Kerri might get a kick out of it. Then again, I am a pat rack.

Anonymous said...

We take pictures of the art and scrapbook them with some of the originals that will actually lay flat. We have also matted and framed a few of the more creative pieces and hung them as if they were modern art pieces. I wish that I had kept more... Have fun & enjoy. -judy

Unknown said...

Hey! You guys probably saw my niece when you watched the St Patty's Day parade! She is an Irish Step Dancer and I know she was in the parade.. while we were in China getting our handsome boy!

Much Fun!
Missy
Mom to EFP & EBB