20080804

Fun with Ella and Sophie

Usually when Ella comes over, I have an entire slate of activities planned and we always have a great time. With Sophie now becoming more territorial and Ella becoming more mischievous, I think we've entered a new era of play time with the girls. This weekend, I had Ella over for a sleep-over while Ileana and her friends went out for her birthday. I am not going to say it was a "bad" time but it was a bit challenging.

I should have known it would be tough when our ice cream outing the night before ended with me blow-drying Ella's hand-washed clothes on the electric hand-drier and then yelling at the girls to stop jumping in the sewage on the floor of the public toilet and to come wash their hands. Since Ella didn't want to be splashed, Sophie decided it was better to not play with her at all.
I had the genius idea to sleep out with the girls in the tent.
Story time went well but after an hour of jumping and running around, I had had enough and had to split them up. You can tell by the look on Ella's face how that went over.Eventually, we had to move indoors because no sleeping was going to happen in the tent. I think I took this picture the fourth time I came up stairs to yell at them for jumping on the bed. At this point they both wanted their mommies and had rejected me as their best friend. I was devestated.
The following pics are so nice, I figure I'd just leave you with the misconception that everything was wonderful the next morning and the girls were absolute angels.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Awww...hope everyone is feeling better and that the birthday celebrations were fun.
Sounds like you need a day off now!