Sophie was supposed to be staying with friends today while Ileana and I went to work. Well, our friend had a stomach virus/flu thing going on so Sophie's care for the day was cancelled and I had to stay home. I figured I'd make the most of it so Sophie and I packed up and went to Lincoln Park Zoo and the Conservatory for a little while. It was a perfect day for both. It was a little chilly so there weren't too many folks out but not too bad so it was still bearable for us.


Sophie also surprised me by having a hot dog and french fries for lunch. Of course, she had to dismantle the poppy seed covered bun before eating the dog. She also committed a major faux pas in the process by putting all of her food on the bare table in the process. Not so appetizing but I wasn't up to getting into the finer points of Chicago hot dog joint hygiene with her today. I hope her mom isn't reading this. She wouldn't let me get a pic of her eating the hot dog with half a bun - it was pretty funny. This didn't stop her from snapping pics of my while eating though.
3 comments:
LOVE it !!!! Sounds like you guys had a good day !! Love you Sophie !!
Nana
Looks like you two had a fun filled day! I would have much rather been there than working! PS- Chris, you are a great dad!
Aunt Janice
What a fun daddy-daughter day! Sophie has a great eye; her photos are really impressive!
Post a Comment