20050726

July 26th - The Adjustment Continues

Well, we have been home for five days and I feel like we are still out of synch with the rest of the world. Sophie is still sleeping off and on during the day and at night. I think that yesterday she had about a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day and then slept from 8:30pm until 1:30am and then she was awake and asleep about every hour or so after that until I got up with her around 5:00am. Ileana has been getting up with her when she gets up at night. I have been a bit selfish, getting my rest so that I can work during the day.

Sophie went for her first pediatrician appointment today. The doctor seemed happy with her weight and heights but noticed that she had an ear infection. Sophie seems to like Dr. Lum a lot, particularly when he chatted with her in Chinese. She had no bloodwork or shots today but will be going back either tomorrow or the day after for that. I have a feeling that those visits will not be as pleasant.

I am working full time now. I wimped out and went home early yesterday at 5:00. It seems that I am completely out of energy by 2:00 in the afternoon. It seems like I am almost back to "normal" and I don't anticipate any problems for tomorrow. Ileana is partly off work, doing some things for her office when she has a chance during the day.

Our house is a bit trashed. Between our collective exhaustion, me working, and Sophie keeping Ileana busy during the day, a build-up of toys and makeshift sleeping areas are appearing in just about every room.

Sophie has been eating well and at her doctor's suggestion, she is having her first bottle of whole milk tonight. Hopefully this will go down well. She eats at her high chair with Ileana and with cat "Princess" close by. Princess doesn't get scraps from us but seems to enjoy anything that falls from Sophie's tray.

-Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ileana, Chris, and Sophie,

I just showed Sarah Sophie's pic and she started smiling and waving! I'll have to continue showing her the pics of her Shangrao buddies so she can somewhat remember everyone. Have a great evening!!
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Hey guys

Keep up the great work. In about a month this will all become second nature to you! The three of you look like a very cute family!

Dave and Suzanne