One of the privileges of living in Chicago is that you can take advantage of the "bread & circuses" mentality of city hall. It is not always pleasant to live here but the city smoothes over the rough edges with enough summer festivals, landscaping, and other "extras" to keep anyone happy. This week, Sophie was treated to one of Chicago's summer events, "movies in the park". They set up this huge screen and in an intimate setting of about 40,000 people in Grant Park, you get to enjoy classic films.
This week, we went to see Star Wars with Chris, Kelley, Stacey, & Kim. It was very entertaining and except for a minor crying spat before she fell asleep, Sophie seemed to have a great time. The event came complete with live people in full Jedi-dress, light sabers, and cat-calling and laughs that followed all of that genius dialogue given to Luke Skywalker: "But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters." Totally awesome.
By far, the most entertaining part of the movie (which wasn't the movie at all) was a pair of women that proceeded to get inebriated in front of us. One of the women had wine all down the front of her shirt - classic. Not only did they stand up and dance during the final medal-awarding scene but also they had the most interesting time putting away their folding chairs. I swear that we watched these ladies for a good 20 minutes, trying to figure out how to put those chairs into the skinny bags. Unfortunately, I screwed up and lost the photo of them – Kim and Kelley are going to kill me. Luckily for me, I did manage to get a good shot of the ladies an hour or so later "lost" in the parking lot trying to find their car. I wonder who drove home.-Chris
1 comment:
I am cracking up, I can't believe you saw the "women" again, it does not suprise that they could not find their car, I wish I could of seen it. It is a priceless shot. thanks, Stacy
Post a Comment