20050804

Sophie seems to have settled into life in Chicago. She likes dinners on the porch with Ileana and I, she has fun playing with her toys and enjoys her room, and her sleeping schedule is working out very well. She began sleeping from 8:30pm to about 7:00am last Friday and has kept to those times pretty much all week.

This week was very busy for Sophie. We began the week with friends, the Lahsins and the Tolmans in Chinatown. It was great to get together now that we all have our girls, are at home, and settled in. Regina and Joe's niece was there as well. Our friend Kim, who will be adopting next year, also joined in to help celebrate Ileana's birthday. We enjoyed dim sum at The Phoenix, where Sophie ate up just about everything in sight. After brunch, we took in the nice weather and walked around Chinatown. The picture of Kate, Kenna, Michal, Julia, and Sophie is too much.

On Monday, Ileana took Sophie to the lake. It was incredibly hot so they did not stay long. I am sure there will be more trips to the lake to come. Today (Friday), Sophie, Ileana, Stacy and I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Unfortunately, Sophie slept through most of the trip but I think she liked it. I am sure there will be plenty of trips to the zoo in her future as well. Before our zoo visit, Sophie had her first hot dog. It wasn't Chicago style, which is probably how she managed to eat the whole thing.

Next week should be quite an experience for Sophie as her "Crazy Nana" (Grandma Pollack) will be coming for a visit. Sophie has a picture of her two grandmothers in her "Who Loves Baby" book and she loves to look at it – though they are in close running with cousin Joshua and kitty Princess! It will be exciting when she finally gets to meet them in person.

-Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire loves looking at the pictures of her cousinn Sophie! She points and says "my Sophie"! Glad you have a good sleeping schedule going now, you never know how precious sleep is until you are only getting two or three hours a day!! Take care, we love you!
-Andy, Libby and Claire

Tim Bennett said...

darn it, you guys got the stroller that I have wanted for 2 years but Johanna liked a different one better, and it is a piece of junk. If we had to buy another, I would get that Jeep one, but now we'll need a stroller that holds 2 kids. :P