20081031

Halloween 2008

I decided to take the day off today - to give me some time for much needed pre-winter projects on the house and to see Sophie perform in her first concert. I am ashamed to admit - with Sophie's acute sense of shyness, I was ready to not see much of anything and was starting to get concerned if I was going to be upset I wasted time off to see my daughter stand in the corner. Boy was I wrong.Not only did Sophie put on her costume for the show but she sang every song. I was even more shocked that she was not one of the hanhdful of kids crying for mommy and daddy during the show. This is so remarkable for her and we are very proud. Sophie stood next to her new best friend, Maggie, during the entire show. If we can figure it out, we'll upload the video tomorrow.When she arrived home later, we carved the pumpkins (of course, we had to take the ubiquitous "puppy" picture) and she put on her costume once more to go trick or treating.
She is very excited by the whole thing but doesn't really have the stamina to go more than a block.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she sang every song! Go Sophie!!! Her new school looks great. Cute Halloween shots - Her and Josh would have looked so cute next to each other.

Vivian M said...

Way to go Sophie! And I love the puppy shots, they are going to make wonderful memories for her in the years to come. Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Isn't this the first time she really Trick or Treated?

So happy she had so much fun! What a big girl.

Jeanette

Paynes in China said...

Jeanette - yes it was. It is so funny because she has gotten so into it this year. In many ways, she is really coming out of her shell.