20050729

When Sophie Grows Up...

I have been wondering the past few days about what Sophie's life will be like in the future and what she may end up choosing to do with her life. I would guess that most parents have these thoughts and plan on how best to provide for their children so that they can meet their goals. I have put together this little blog to help other people visualize some of the things I have been thinking about.

Perhaps she is going to grow up and become a pop star. Her personality is such that she seems to excite people everywhere she goes. She loves to perform by smiling, repeating the words "ba ba ba", and bouncing around to music. She also has great hair and seems to love her Leap Pad musical center. I bet she could bring a lot of joy to people's lives if she became a pop star.

Sophie seems to know how to get what she wants and she has found some interesting ways to lead her
mother and father to what her needs are. I think that she might become a good leader, maybe even president. There might be some political wrangling to be done but I am sure it will be a different world when she is old enough to be president.

Whenever we ask for something from Sophie, she seems to give it to us. She also enjoys showering people with hugs and kisses. These are all very saintly qualities. Perhaps Sophie is going to grow up to become a saint. The outfits are not as exciting as those that she would wear being a pop star but I think it could end up being a very fulfilling profession. How proud everyone would be, watching Sophie go from country to country doing good deeds for people in need.

Sophie loves to babble. I bet Sophie would be a great talk show host. You know, in this profession she might have the best of both worlds. She could talk and talk and also lo
ok to her "giving" nature and do nice things for people like give them cars and stuff like that. I bet she'd be a great talk show host.

Some of my co-workers have told me that I have to counsel Sophie out of becoming an architect. I haven't seen any innate architectural abilities in her yet but I wonder what it would be like if she followed in my shoes and became an architect. It would drive her mother crazy but it might be cool. We'd have all sorts of interesting conversations about spaces and building details and use fancy architectural jargon. I bet she'd be awesome – we could even get her some cool
glasses to make her look the part.

-Chris

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, you are too funny! Sarah & gang

Anonymous said...

No matter what Sophie does, she will be a success and have great parents backing her all the way! (but, I agree, that was wayyyyy too funny!) I liked the George Washington one!
Take care and enjoy every minute - they grow up all too soon. It doesn't seem that long go that you were a little one playing dress up with your sister. (guess some things never change!)
Love,
Mom

Tim Bennett said...

I agree with Judy.

Just remember, even if she doesn't take on one of these great professions, that you love her anyway! (Even if she is a sanatation engineer)

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely too funny.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

She makes a much cuter George Washington!! ;o)

Jeanette J.